Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Level 1. Unit 5 Talking about Food


Things to say: Vocabulary and Expressions

What’s on the menu?
A: What’s on the menu for breakfast?
B: There’s cereal and bacon & eggs.



Extra exercises on food vocabulary

Reading a Menu http://www.eslpartyland.com/news/menu1.htm 
Understanding the Menu http://www.englishclub.com/english-for-work/food-drink-menu.htm
On The Menu http://www.esl-lounge.com/student/vocabulary/1v9-on-the-menu.php

Pronunciation: the and sound
Cream’n’sugar

Talking about likes and dislikes
A. Do you like Venezuelan Food?
B. Yes, I love it! Thanks a lot/ No, I don’t really like it.
A. What’s your favorite restaurant or place to eat?
B. I love D’Vinci.
A: What food from other countries do you know?
B: In my city you can find Italian, Mexican, Arabic, American, Colombian and Japanese food.
A: Which ones do you like?
B:I love Arabic and Chinese food.
A: Which ones you don’t like?
B: I can’t stand Japanese food. I don’t like Sushi.

Chant along..use Frere jaques..

I like chicken, I like chicken,
Chicken and chips, chicken and chips,
Cheese and chocolate, cheese and chocolate,
Ice cream too, ice cream too.
Talk  about your favorite recipe.


My favorite dish is called Pabellon. This dish is from Venezuela. people eat it for lunch and dinner. It has rice, shredded meat, plantain, and black beans. In maracaibo people like their black beans salty but in Caracas, they like them sweet. It's delicious!

Useful Grammar to practice

The simple present
A. Do you like Venezuelan Food?
B. Yes, I love it! Thanks a lot/ No, I don’t really like it.

Positive and negative statements
A. I love pizza
B: I don’t like fish soup
A: Mary loves pizza, too.
B: Miguel doesn’t like fish soup, either.

Yes/No questions
         Do you
               they      
               we        like pizza?
      Does he
               she

Irregular forms
I go to school
He goes to school
I have eggs for breakfast
She has cornflakes
I do homework everyday
He does homework everyday, too.
Homework
A. What's in the menu. Complete the following menu.




B. Write a composition about you Use these questions:


 Do you have breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday?
 What’s your favorite meal of the day?
 If you have breakfast, what do you have?
 What’s in a Marabino’s Breakfast?
 Do you like Venezuelan Food?
 What’s your favorite restaurant or place to eat?
 What’s your favorite dish in their menu?
 what food from other countries do you know?
 Which ones do you like?
 Which ones you don’t like?
 Do you cook?
 What’s your favorite dish?
 Where is it from?
 What do you need to prepare it?

PowerPoint + sound (check with a tutor first and use the corrector ortográfico in English)

C. Interview someone from another country. use the same questions.

No comments: